TBOY Inspired by Keith Haring
TBOY is a modern - day artist who creates artworks inspired by other iconic artists; past and present. Throughout the 2000s TBOY career - hopped between frame making, colour finishing, and retail. Once the COVID 19 Pandemic hit and forced the world to shut down, TBOY's passion for the arts was rekindled. In 2020 he began to create artworks using various mediums that mimic the style of his favorite artists, recreating musical icons' album covers, and responding to current events.
- Go to TBOY's website and look at the Keith's 12 inch collection for inspiration
- Find 5 or more album covers that have one or more people and/or animals on the cover. *** If you look at TBOY's examples, up close portraits of people will not work for this assignment.
- Copy and Paste the 5 images onto a new page in your Google Slide Portfolio.
- You will draw 1 medium sized thumbnail in the style of Keith Haring and TBOY for each of your album covers (5 total drawings)
- Take a photo of your drawings and upload them onto the same page in your Google Slide Portfolio so you have a comparison between your drawing and the original album art.
- You will be choosing 1 of these drawings to use for your project.
Your Mission Teacher Examples
As you have seen in all of Keith Haring's artworks and in TBOY's artworks that mimic Haring's style, the lines used are expressive, show movement, and various in style and type. All of the characters and symbols portrayed are simplified and very cartoon-like.
In your project, you will choose 1 of the 5 album cover designs you chose from the DO NOW and you will recreate this cover using a collage method. Collage is when you have multiple papers that are cut up and glued down in a particular arrangement to make it look unified and cohesive.